The PGCE in Primary Education programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton is specifically designed to ensure that those who are successful will be recommended for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) - the professional award required by all those who wish to teach in a maintained school.
You will focus on the teaching of the National Curriculum for primary schools and specialise in teaching Key Stages 1 and 2 whilst also having valuable opportunities to experience alternative educational settings such as Early Years, Secondary, SEND and transition.
The PGCE in Primary Education leads to recommendation for QTS, and enables you to take up a qualified teaching post in a UK primary school and beyond.
A national survey conducted by the Centre for Education and Employment Research has ranked Wolverhampton as the second most successful UK Higher Education Institute for graduate teacher training employment.
- Enhancing Understanding and the Core Curriculum
- Professional Learning for Teachers
- Professional Standards for Teachers 1
- Professional Standards for Teachers 2
- The Wider Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
If you are applying via UCAS, you will need to refer to the deadlines set by them. Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 435 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To hold a first degree of a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification.
- To have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade 4 (previously Grade C) in the GCSE examinations in English, Mathematics and Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Combined Science).
- To have taken part in a rigorous selection process designed to assess your readiness to train to teach.
International13450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.