Designed for those who want to advance their understanding of youth issues, youth offending and social and criminal justice responses to young people, this programme focuses on developing critical analytical skills and enhancing the ability to assess policy and practice against international standards and benchmarks.
Targeted at practitioners, policy-makers and those interested in further academic study, it provides the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and critical analytical skills to practice and enhance understanding of young people's lives, the criminal justice system and the discourse of children's rights.
- This programme involves a blended learning approach offering a mixture of online and face-to-face course delivery.
- The Youth Justice programme at Queen's University Belfast has been designed to encourage students to consider the interface between social justice, criminal justice and children’s rights. Students have the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and critical analytical skills to practice and enhance understanding of young people’s lives, the criminal justice system and the discourse of children’s rights.
Possible career paths include work in youth and social justice related fields. Previous graduates have been successful in gaining jobs working for NGOs in the criminal justice and youth justice fields.
Queen's postgraduates reap exceptional benefits. Unique initiatives, such as Degree Plus and Researcher Plus bolster our commitment to employability, while innovative leadership and executive programmes help our students gain key leadership positions both nationally and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Childhood and Youth Research and Practice
- Foundations in Children's Rights
- Research Methods
- Perspectives in Childhood and Youth
- Youth and Social Justice
- Youth Justice: Theory, Law and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Criminology View 538 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University Belfast and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a social science or related discipline.
- Applicants with a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be considered if they have at least two years of professional experience in a relevant context.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8360
- EU Other - £19100
- International - £19100
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.