As well as specialisms delivered by our staff, there are options in oil and gas or energy law (from the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy). You can also choose from business, and politics and international relations.
Students of the Law (General) course from University of Dundee often combine topics from different areas. For example, you might want to combine an understanding of corporate and commercial law with environmental law, or to combine an understanding of security with international criminal justice.
This wide choice allows you to develop existing areas of specialism or to expand your knowledge into new areas of law that you have not studied or practised in before.
Entrants to LLM courses usually fall into one of four categories:
- they are professionals, often working in legal practice, and they want to increase their qualifications and specialisms in order to enhance their career prospects
- they are looking for a change of career or a change of specialism
- they want to complete their education
- they are considering an academic career
The flexibility of the LLM (General) has meant that graduates have gone on to pursue careers in all aspects of the legal profession, from private practice, or as in-house counsel, to working for governments or NGOs, as well as PhD study and academia.
- Masters Dissertation
- Legal Research Skills
- Legal English
- International Petroleum Law and Policy
- International Law of Natural Resources and Energy
- National and Comparative Oil and Gas Law
- Transnational Law of Sustainable Development and Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 397 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in Law at lower second class or above
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Ukraine, Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland - £ 8,350
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.