The complete Textile Technology (Technical Textiles) course from The University of Manchester is made up of taught course units and a research dissertation. The taught course units are delivered through a combination of lectures and practical laboratory work.
Whilst it is anticipated that access to equipment, or work on projects for which such access is required may be limited during the period of the move, plans are underway to ensure that any disruption caused is minimised, a wide selection of dissertation projects will continue to be available, and excellent student experience remains pivotal.
The Masters (MSc) course in Textile Technology (Technical Textiles) enables you to develop a high level of understanding of modern technical textiles, preparing you for a career in the textile or related industries as a manager or researcher, or for an academic career. You may also be able to advance to PhD programmes within the Department.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- PGT Dissertation
- Introduction to Materials Science
- Research Methods
- Essential Textile Technology
- Advanced Textile Technology
- Textiles Evaluation & Clothing
- Advanced Composites
- Technical & Biomedical Textiles
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Engineering Management Fashion Design View 129 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
Academic entry qualification overview
- MSc qualification: You will need a UK lower-class (2.2) Honours degree in a Science, Engineering or Technology field, or equivalent International degree.
- Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
- Normally overseas students will need a UKVI IELTS to gain entry on to a Pre-sessional English course. If you wish to apply for a Pre-sessional course
International31000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.