You will develop an expert knowledge base, higher decision-making skills and professional competencies to deliver care within the integrated multi-professional clinical teams that will form the basis of future healthcare delivery.
The Specialist Practice (Cancer) course from The University of Manchester consists of a wide range of taught generic professional skills and advanced clinical practice units that can be undertaken individually as CPD or as part of a postgraduate qualification.
The MSc can be studied full-time (one year) or part-time (up to three years), allowing you to fit study around your other commitments.
The delivery format of the course has been tailored to offer a large degree of flexibility, making it attractive and accessible to individuals currently working within the NHS both locally and nationally.
Teaching and learningOur course units are supported by a dedicated team comprising academics, leaders in their fields of research and practice, specialist practitioners, e-learning specialists and professional support staff.
- Effective strategies for advanced communication
- Critical appraisal and evidence synthesis
- Quantitative design and analysis
- Qualitative design and analysis
- Research Design
- Managing research in the clinical setting
- Foundation in Cancer Care
- Principles and Practice of Breast Care Nursing
- Promoting Effective Practice in Supportive and Palliative Care
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 963 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Academic entry qualification overview
- We require a relevant honours first degree (Lower Second or above or equivalent) from an approved higher education institution or evidence of previous study, research or professional experience that the University accepts as qualifying you for entry.
- Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.