Why might you want to do this Mechanical Engineering with Management course at Queen's University Belfast?
You love engineering! You’ll be looking to advance your managerial skills, alongside your technical ability.
But more than that, you want to know how to apply this in the industrial world.
You will develop competency and skills that include the latest advances in engineering disciplines of energy and power, manufacture and design. In addition to covering the latest engineering technology, you will be equipped with the creative, commercial, business and management skills that are necessary to be an innovator, entrepreneur and industry leader.
We have strong connections with local, UK, and international companies, in industries including aerospace, turbomachinery, automotive, consumer materials, and biomedical devices. Our Industrial Advisory Board features representatives from heavyweights like Caterpillar, Bombardier, Wrightbus, and BAE. They feed into the course content – what they need from graduate engineers, we’ll teach you. External lecturers from our industrial partners come in to teach on the course.
World Class Facilities
The School has a range of unique laboratory facilities for turbomachinery, engine catalysis, industrial-scale materials processing, large-scale structural and materials testing, thermal and chemical analysis, microscopy and x-ray imaging. State-of-the-art facilities for teaching and research, which have received investments totalling £19m in recent years.
Internationally Renowned Experts
The School is ranked 6th in the UK for Research Intensity in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) ranking, with 88% of its research deemed to be internationally excellent or world leading.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computer-Aided Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Engineering Systems and Management
- Business Management and Enterprise
- Research and Data Analytics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Technology Management View 127 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a suitable engineering discipline, including substantial Mathematics and engineering content at 2.2 Honours level or equivalent standard, acceptable to the School.
- Applicants holding a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a suitable engineering discipline with performance in key modules below 2.2 Honours standard may be considered on an individual basis. Such applicants will be required to demonstrate a minimum of two years professional experience.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.