Why might you want to do this Mechanical Engineering with Management course at Queen's University Belfast ?
You love engineering! You’ll be looking to advance your managerial skills, alongside your technical ability.
But more than that, you want to know how to apply this in the industrial world.
You will develop competency and skills that include the latest advances in engineering disciplines of energy and power, manufacture and design. In addition to covering the latest engineering technology, you will be equipped with the creative, commercial, business and management skills that are necessary to be an innovator, entrepreneur and industry leader.
We have strong connections with local, UK, and international companies, in industries including aerospace, turbomachinery, automotive, consumer materials, and biomedical devices. Our Industrial Advisory Board features representatives from heavyweights like Caterpillar, Bombardier, Wrightbus, and BAE. They feed into the course content – what they need from graduate engineers, we’ll teach you. External lecturers from our industrial partners come in to teach on the course.
World Class Facilities
The School has a range of unique laboratory facilities for turbomachinery, engine catalysis, industrial-scale materials processing, large-scale structural and materials testing, thermal and chemical analysis, microscopy and x-ray imaging. State-of-the-art facilities for teaching and research, which have received investments totalling £19m in recent years.
Internationally Renowned Experts
The School is ranked 6th in the UK for Research Intensity in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) ranking, with 88% of its research deemed to be internationally excellent or world leading.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer-Aided Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Engineering Systems and Management
- Business Management and Enterprise
- Research and Data Analytics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 751 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a suitable engineering discipline, including substantial Mathematics and engineering content at 2.2 Honours level or equivalent standard, acceptable to the School.
- Applicants holding a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in a suitable engineering discipline with performance in key modules below 2.2 Honours standard may be considered on an individual basis. Such applicants will be required to demonstrate a minimum of two years professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6980 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6980
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6980
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £8,360
- EU Other - £23150
- International - £23150
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.