Technical lecture information will be consolidated, using data analysis and problem-solving classes, to build critical investigative capability, badly needed in the workplace. Project management skills will also be honed through taught material, research projects and industrial placements, where appropriate.
Students on the MSc with Professional Internship programme will spend up to 36 weeks of their second year on placement in a materials-related position. It is the responsibility of each student to arrange his or her own Industrial Internship. Internships must be approved by the University in accordance with agreed Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.Materials Science And Engineering With Professional Internship HighlightsApplications for this course received after 30th June 2020 may not be accepted. In addition, a deposit will be required to secure a place.
World Class Facilities
The Materials Science and Engineering with Professional Internship course at Queen's University Belfast is supported by well-equipped laboratories, digital network and computing facilities, library access and lecture rooms.
The interdisciplinary nature of the subject means that you will experience materials-related activity in a number of different environments across the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, in which both fundamental and applied research is done.
- Microstructure and microstructural development;
- Mechanical properties of materials;
- Functional properties of materials;
- Manufacturing and processing;
- Polymers and composites;
- Materials selection;
- Materials characterisation;
- Project management and data handling.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 101 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.2 Honours degree in a relevant physical sciences or engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University.
- Applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements but hold relevant professional qualifications or can demonstrate appropriate and relevant experience, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.