The MSc Cyber Security at University of Wolverhampton has been designed by a team of leading experts, researchers and trainers in the field and gives the opportunity to the students to be exposed to cutting-edge technologies, tools and techniques in cyber exploitation and defence.
The exponential increase in mobile devices, converged applications and Cloud technologies, initiatives such as Bring your Own Device (BYOD) / Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) and the advent of digital information technologies, has increased the proliferation of threats in our vibrant and active cyber-physical-natural environment diluting further its perimeter.
Our cyberspace is constantly increasing its size almost linearly to its value recognising Cyber Security as a global response to the challenges posed by constantly evolving systems which are harder to secure.
What happens on the course?
You will undertake a wide range of learning activities including:
- Computer-based learning
- Supported learning using the University VLE (CANVAS) as a learning tool, for
- information and interactive communications
- Tutorials (smaller group/one-to-one)
- Case studies
- Structured laboratory exercises
- Individual structured assignment-based learning
- Directed study
- Individual or group exercises
- Research project investigations
- Ethical Hacking
- Incident Management and Response
- Information Assurance
- Internet of Things Security
- MSc Project Cyber Security
- Proactive Network Defence
- Research Methodologies and Project Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 707 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- A lower second honours degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Computer Science or a related subject with a minimum of grade 50% in all modules.
- Evidence of industrial certifications in Information security such as CISSP, CEH, BCS will also be considered for suitable candidates with a minimum of 3 years working experience in related industries.
- An interview process will also be utilised to verify suitability for the course for candidates with non-standard academic backgrounds but with demonstrable industry experience in the field.
International14450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7995 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7995 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home - Part-time - £3998 per year
Living costs for Wolverhampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Postgraduate Loans
- Professional and Career Development Loan
- Charitable Funding
- University Postgraduate Loyalty Discount
- Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.