The MA Philosophy course from The University of Manchester combines:
- in-depth study of specialised areas of analytical philosophy;
- extensive research training to provide the skills necessary to complete a master's dissertation and;
- a dissertation supervised by a member of staff with expertise in the area you wish to study in more depth.
The course is ideal both for those wishing to do a PhD in Philosophy, and for students who want to improve their employability through the development of rigorous critical, analytical and research skills.
It provides a deeper knowledge of a wide variety of areas of philosophy than is possible at undergraduate level, and equips you with the ability to plan, organise and work autonomously on a substantial individual project.
Many of our MA Philosophy graduates go on to pursue a PhD in Philosophy.
Others embark on careers including:
- the Civil Service;
- and a wide range of related positions in both the public and private sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MA Philosophy Research Skills
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Language
- Seminal articles in philosophy
- MA Philosophy Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as early as possible as our courses are popular.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 215 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
2:1 honours degree (or the overseas equivalent) in Philosophy, or a degree with a Philosophy component such as, PPE, Philosophy and Politics.
Please note that CAS statements are issued only when all conditions of the offer have been satisfied, PDF copy of passport received and the offer accepted.
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
- International students (per annum): £9,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.