- Gain the knowledge and skills to ensure that processes run smoothly, particularly in the face of opportunities and challenges arising from the increasingly global reach of business
- Cover the service, manufacturing, public and private sectors, showing how operations management, project management and supply chain management work
- Opportunity to concentrate on particular aspects of operations management, supply chain management, project management and process improvement
- Prepare for a career as a professional operations, project or supply chain manager
- Strong foundation for progression to a PhD or an academic career within the field
- Opportunity to concentrate on particular aspects of operations management, supply chain management, project management and process improvement, helping towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
By agreement with the Course Director, one elective unit may be taken from another Masters course - note that all elective units are subject to availability, timetabling constraints and what you have studied previously.
Over the summer period, you will carry out your Research Dissertation, worth 60 credits. Certain units must be chosen in order to become a member of CIPS, and the dissertation must be on a procurement and supply-related theme.
Examples of recent dissertation project topics include:
- The future green supply chain in the retail industry: a shared value strategic perspective
- Evaluation of cost performance in inventory management in reverse logistics
- Using e-procurement to improve supply chain management practices
The Operations, Project and Supply Chain Management course from The University of Manchester provides general training for those who wish to take up specialist positions in operations management. For example, one graduate works in the quality team on a variety of projects in business operations around customer satisfaction, and another graduate set up a new company, Xpediency, based in Shanghai, working with UK companies helping them to develop and take advantage of Chinese manufacturing excellence. Graduates can also pursue a research and/or an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Operations Management
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Research Methods
- Strategic Project Organising
- Data Analytics for Business Decision Making
- Business to Business Marketing
- Business Improvement Tools Techniques and Systems
- Global Supply Chain Management: Theories and Practice
- Megaproject Leadership and Strategy
- Operational Excellence: The Toyota Production System
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 147 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
- We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.When assessing your academic record we take into account; your grade average, position in class, references, and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.