The National Security and Strategic Studies program offered by the University of the West Indies provides a better understanding of:
- The domestic, regional and international settings of national security policy
- The concepts of military threats
- Issues of crime and violence
- Terrorism, particularly narco- terrorism
- Crisis management
- Military alliances
- National security policies and programmes
- Roles and Functions of Security Agencies
CareersOur programme serves to complement the professional training of the senior managers of the security sector and provides them with the opportunity of exposure to the rigours of Graduate Studies in a field very applicable to their day to day activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Caribbean Security Perspective Social Management
- Contemporary Governance
- External and Internal Threats to Hemispheric Security
- International Relations and National Security Issues
- Management of Strategic Issues.
- National Security Issues
- National Security Policy and Programme Analysis
- New Dimensions of Power and Security in the Caribbean
- Research Design and Management
- Security and Defence Economics
- Complete the online Application form
- Original copies of your supporting documents
Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university at the level of lower second Class Honours or above.
Have a minimum of 10 years’ service in the security forces, government or private security firm.
Hold (or have held) a position at mid-management level in the security forces, government or private security firm. This translates to the rank of Superintendent in the Police Service and Major in the Military.
National8000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Tuition fee only for:
- Sponsored and Non-Sponsored Students from Contributing Countries
- Students from Non-Contributing Countries
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.