Film is the most important mass medium and art form of modern times. Shaping our modes of perception and communication, it is popular in its appeal and radical in its practices. It has transformed our ways of seeing and storytelling. Film-making and criticism is an area of immense interest, pleasure, and creativity.
In particular, students of the Film programme at Queen's University Belfast will develop skills in the analysis of film and media arts and apply these skills in the production of creative projects, and critical work.
Throughout the programme, students will acquire basic or enhanced film production skills. They will also acquire transferable skills valued by employers: creative thinking, verbal and visual communication, problem solving, project management, and teamwork.
We are an Avid Learning Partner, and Film students are offered the opportunity to become certified in the use of both Media Composer video editing and Pro Tools audio editing, an industry qualification and valuable addition to any CV.
Strong contacts with the local film and broadcast industry, enabling us to organise regular meetings with industry professionals, workshops for students interested in a career in film and the creative industries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Skills in Film
- Avant-Gard and Experimental Film Practice
- Censorship, Regulation and Audiences
- Film Industries and Digital Cultures
- Film Practice
- Political Cinema: Conflict and Form
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 302 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences or a cognate discipline.
- A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be considered if an applicant can demonstrate recent professional/exhibition experience in filmmaking, photography, or video arts, subject to portfolio submission and interview.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.