The programme is a full-time taught postgraduate degree course offered by University of Dundee leading to the degree of MSc in Biomedical Engineering.
It has an international dimension, providing an important opportunity for postgraduate engineers to study the principles and state-of-the-art technologies in biomedical engineering with a particular emphasis on applications in advanced instrumentation for medicine and surgery.
Biomedical engineers apply engineering principles and design methods to improve our understanding of living systems and to create new techniques and instruments in medicine and surgery.
The taught modules in this course expose students to the leading edge of modern medical and surgical technologies. The course also provides concepts and understanding of the role of entrepreneurship, business development and intellectual property exploitation in the biomedical industry, with case examples.
An MSc degree in Biomedical Engineering will prepare you for a challenging and rewarding career in one of many sectors: the rapidly growing medical technology industry, academic institutions, hospitals and government departments.
A wide range of employment possibilities exist including engineer, professor, research scientist, teacher, manager, salesperson or CEO.
- Introduction to Medical Sciences: Anatomy
- Advanced Medical and Surgical Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering Project
- Advanced Biomedical Imaging Technologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 99 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
- The normal entry requirement is a four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in a discipline that provides a suitable basis for the course, e.g. biomedical, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering, physics or mathematics.
- Students with other academic backgrounds or exceptional work experience in the chosen field, should contact the Course Director to make further enquiries and to discuss their individual cases.
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.