The MSc Biomedical Engineering programme from University of Dundee will help you develop your skills, knowledge, and understanding of biomedical engineering and living systems. You will also apply engineering principles and design methods to create new techniques and instruments in medicine and surgery.
Along with studying the principles and technologies of biomedical engineering, you will look at the role of entrepreneurship, business development, and intellectual property exploitation in the biomedical industry.
Under the guidance of our academic staff, you will undertake a research project that will focus on an area of your own particular interest, helping you to develop your presentation, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. Recent projects examples have looked at syringe filling systems for new born injections, and microwave cancer thermal ablation in minimally invasive surgery.
Graduates can go on to work in many areas including:
- medical technology industries
- academic research
- government departments
Graduate roles have included:
- research scientist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanical Systems
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Advanced Medical and Surgical Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering Project
- Medical Technology Management & Governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine View 111 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The normal entry requirement is a four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in a discipline that provides a suitable basis for the course, e.g. biomedical, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering, physics or mathematics.
- Students with other academic backgrounds or exceptional work experience in the chosen field, should contact the Course Director to make further enquiries and to discuss their individual cases.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9150 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland - £ 9,150 per year of study
- EU/International - £ 22,950 per year of study
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.