The Computer Science (Distance Learning) degree from University of Nicosia provides an introduction to research within the field while strengthening the candidate’s effective application of computer science methods. The proposed Master degree in Computer Science is designed to have the learning outcomes related to: knowledge and understanding, application of knowledge and understanding for the analysis, design and development of computer systems. The curriculum prepares the student for a wide variety of computer-oriented careers, such as research, development, management, and teaching. The degree constitutes an independent and terminal study in addition to providing the basis for acceptance to, and continued studies towards, a doctoral degree in computer science.
The program aims of the specialization in Cyber Security focus on the impact of cyber warfare in the contemporary digital era and the analysis of threats, vulnerabilities and risks in a network environment. It also focuses on penetration testing principles and approaches to mitigate potential network attacks.
The program aims of the specialization in Mobile Systems focus on the fundamental concepts of Mobile Computing and wireless technology as well as on the development of software and applications for mobile platforms.
The program aims of the specialization in Blockchain Technologies focus on the fundamentals of digital currencies and the underlying blockchain technology. It also focuses on programmable smart contracts and the associated architectures such as Ethereum. It aims to prepare students on the possible impact of these technologies on various applications including those based on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Internet of Things.
Graduates of the MSc programme should be able to:
- hold managerial positions in the ICT industry or government offices;
- become senior technical developers or administrators in the ICT marketplace;
- become entrepreneurs and establish their own enterprises;
- continue studying towards a doctoral degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Seminars and Methodology
- Cyber-Physical Systems and the Internet of Things
- Cryptography and Network Security
- Distributed Systems
- Cyber Warfare
- Network Defence and Countermeasures
- Ethical Hacking
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 6 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applications for admission to the program will be considered only from candidates that fulfill the minimum entrance criteria as described below:
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any other related field from a recognized university with a CPA of at least 2.0. Applicants with lower CPA will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants with a non-computer science degree (but related, e.g. MIS) may be admitted into the program but they may have to take up to 5 preparatory foundation courses, depending on the applicant’s background.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12060 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA8040 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12060 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.