The rethinking of tomorrow's energy supply and use demands scientific methods and practical experience in order to successfully solve the difficult and complex problems in research and practice. Based on mathematical-technical basics and with the help of extensive qualifications, you acquire theoretical and application-related skills in elective modules. In the master's thesis, you can demonstrate these scientific skills, abilities and skills.
The orientation of the Renewable Energy and E-Mobility MEng at the University of Applied Sciences Stralsund (Hochschule Stralsund) course content is scientifically application-oriented and is intended, among other things, to convey the qualification for a doctorate at a university.
- With the degree "Master of Engineering" you are qualified to work different following fields. These include among others: renewable energy production and use, energy storage, electromobility, automotive industry. You can work in the areas of basic research, development, application of new technologies as well as construction, commissioning and service. You are also suitable for middle and senior management of companies and can also fill a position in the higher service of public institutions.
- Potential field of activities: research and development, controlling, project, middle and senior management
- Methods of Power Engineering
- Quality in Automotive Industry
- System Theory
- Energy and Environmental Management
- Renewable Energy Systems
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
15 July for nationals of EU countries for courses of study with restricted admission (with NC)
- 90 ETCS (3 semesters) or 120 ECTS (4 semesters)
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Automotive Engineering View 19 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Completed first degree in electrical engineering, energy technology, regenerative energies, mechanical engineering, physics or related degrees andProof of knowledge in the following subject areas:
- Measurement technology in the amount of at least 4 semester hours per week (SWS) or 5 ECTS points and
- Control technology in the amount of at least 4 SWS or 5 ECTS points and
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering in the amount of at least 4 SWS or 5 ECTS points
- Electrical machines amounting to at least 2 SWS or 3 ECTS points and
- the usual mathematical foundations underlying these subject areas
- An average mark of 2.1 to 2.3 is subject to a special individual assessment. For this purpose, a letter of motivation in German or English (approx. 500 words) and, if applicable, further proof of the subject-specific and program-specific qualification have to be submitted.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
Stralsund University does not charge tuition fees.
Living costs for Stralsund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.