Gender Studies (with Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University is able to carry out field research related to many social and science fields and aims to train graduates who are considering becoming career experts in many international or national institutions, as well as academicians and researchers in the gender field.
Graduates have a wide area of employment opportunities. Their knowledge and skills in economics as well as their good command of English and computer applications, as well as familiarity with global issues opens up employment opportunities in international organizations, multinational companies and public services and in private businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Feminist Theories
- Research Methods for Business Studies
- Application of Feminist Methodologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Have completed a BA/BS in another field may be admitted to the program, subject to successfully completing selected prerequisite courses from the related department.
- English language test results (TOFEL-IBT 79, IELTS 6.5, YDS/UDS 66 or EMU English Language Test) and for Turkish citizen applicants have to obtain min 55 points from ALES exam for Masters Candidates.
- Prospective applicants are required to fill out an application form available at the Registrar's Office, and submit the completed form, together with a letter of reference and an official transcript of all graduate and undergraduate coursework completed up to the time of application.
- A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
International1553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per year during 12 months.
National280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 280 USD per year during 12 months.
- TRNC Students: 2.403 TL
- Turkish Students: 4.383 TL
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.