Introduction of the progamme
The candidates of the Chemical Engineering (Research) master program offered at Universiti Teknologi Mara will have the opportunity to familiarize with current tools and technologies used by chemical engineers and researchers.
Assessment is based on a viva voce and examination of the final thesis.
The candidates are also expected to publish their research findings in conferences or journals. The research may be carried out either on a full-time or part-time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCandidates may choose any of the four niche research areas as shown below:
- Biotechnology and Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Biocatalyst and Biobased Materials, Bioreactor and Biochemical Engineering and Food Science and Engineering
- Material Technology and Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Nanomaterial and Catalyst, Particle Engineering Technology, Polymer Technology, Surface Coating and Self-Assembly Technology.
- Environment and Process Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Air Pollution Engineering, Process System Engineering, Process Safety, Herbal Downstream Processing and Separation Technology.
- Energy Technology and Engineering with focus areas including but not limited to Microwave Technology, Renewable Energy and Advanced Chemical Technology, Hydrocarbon Processing, Fluid Transport Technology and Well Technology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 8 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Malaysia
- A Bachelor degree from Faculty of Chemical Engineering UiTM or Chemical Engineering Bachelor Degree from any institution of higher learning recognized by the UiTM senate with a minimum CGPA of 2.75; or
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering/Technology Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 from any other recognised university; or
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering/Technology degrees with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 from any other recognised university with experience in relevant areas.
International2368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1184 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition Fees Per Semester (RM): 5,150
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.