This Banking and Finance program from ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences provides both sound scientific knowledge and practically oriented management know-how at an international level. You will learn to analyze complex tasks, identify different options, and implement solutions effectively.
You will deepen your knowledge of the market and its environment and of how to manage financial services providers. You will study risk management, traditional and alternative investments, controlling and business processes, as well as corporate finance.
- Management support
- Project management
- Staff positions
- Highly demanding specialist positions
- Leadership roles
- Consulting for managing demanding portfolios
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Program will take three semesters to complete and be worth 90 ECTS credits. This is the equivalent of approx. 2,700 hours of study.
- Nearly half of the program is devoted to applied research. You will complete your studies by completing a Master's thesis based on a practical research question.
- The first 11 months, from September to July, require attendance on site. The assessments in the last semester can be done remotely.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You need to meet a number of criteria to qualify for this MSc program. The main requirement is a Bachelor's degree in Banking and Finance or an equivalent university qualification in Business Administration. The admission of individual applicants is based on their overall profile and will be approved on merit.
- If you have a university degree in another, related discipline, such as business law, economic journalism, economic engineering, or economics, you may be admitted subject to additional achievements to be completed.
In addition to these basic conditions, there are additional requirements to be met:
- Foundation knowledge of banking and finance, which can be made up in self-study if necessary
- Ability to actively follow classroom instruction in English and use course materials in English.
International1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 675 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 675 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- CHF 720.- semester fee, including flat rate exam fee;
- CHF 500 additional semester fee payable by students legally domiciled outside Switzerland
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.