The Molecular Biology program offered by Johannes Kepler University Linz expands upon the general education base acquired during Bachelor studies in natural sciences and provides in-depth studies in biochemistry, organic chemistry, biophysics, bioanalytics, structural biology, genetics, cell biology, system biology, and molecular biotechnology.
The curriculum focuses on student-centered learning, using state-of-the-art equipment and training students in advanced research methods to assist them in acquiring a deeper understanding of life science fields such as molecular biology, cell biology and biotechnology.
- Individual specialization
- Focus on applied learning
- Expertise from two respected universities
- Opportunity for independent research on complex molecular and biomedical topics
- Attain high level skills and qualifications to pursue a career in Austria or abroad.
- Academic careers that include fundamental research at international universities, Austrian universities of applied sciences or private universities as well as at other public or private research facilities
- Conduct research or pursue a career in the pharmaceutical industry or at clinical or medical facilities
- Product management or marketing of chemical, pharmaceutical, or biotechnological products
- Development, quality control, and production jobs at pharmaceutical and bio-pharmaceutical plants
- Work at molecular biology laboratories, chemical analysis laboratories, clinical laboratories and in the fields of bioanalytics or environmental analytics
- Work in public administration and testing laboratories in the chemical, environmental, and medical sector
- Employment in the field of medical and health care prevention at public and private institutions
- Conduct risk assessment and design risk minimization procedures at public authority offices or at chemical/pharmaceutical/biotechnological companies
- Work in the field of trademark registration and product protection or manage patent affairs at companies or at public institutions
- Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
- Biophysics and Molecular Analytics
- Molecular Analysis of Cellular Pathways
- Advanced Analysis and Biotechnologies for Biosystems
- Soft Skills
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 4 other Masters in Genetics in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prospective students wishing to enroll in the Master's degree in Molecular Biology at the JKU should hold a Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biosciences (JKU), or a degree equivalent in scope and content to the degree programs listed in order to fulfill the admission requirements to enroll in a graduate degree program.
- Students can apply at both the University of Salzburg as well as at the Johannes Kepler University Linz for the admission to the joint Master's degree program in Molecular Biology.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.