Bioprocessing Science from Institute of Technology Sligo aims to To produce graduates with the essential breadth and kind of knowledge, skills set and competences, required to function in the Biopharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries and to ensure that participants can effectively present and defend scientific data and findings in a variety of forms to specialists and non-specialists.
Graduates are typically employed in managerial positions in Scientific, Operations and Quality Assurance / Control positions in the Biopharmaceutical and Medical Biotechnology industry sectors both within Ireland and abroad.
Post-graduates may also find employment more broadly within the Healthcare sector, medical device industries and in areas of Research and Development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Upstream Bioprocessing
- Downstream Bioprocessing
- Quality Control Testing for Biologics
- Formulation and Delivery of Biopharmaceuticals
- Biopharmaceutical Regulation and Compliance
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences View 6 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programme is open to students who have obtained an honour’s degree (Level 8) or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (i.e. Engineering or Life Sciences).
- Other candidates with alternative honours degrees and relevant experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry (typically 5 years duration in a GMP environment) may apply for consideration through the IT Sligo RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) process.
International11500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sligo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.