Upon completion this Master's Degree course in Area and Global Studies for International Cooperation from University of Turin, students will have acquired advanced knowledge in the fields of international politics and cooperation, in-depth knowledge of the political, economic and social organization of specific geographic areas, with adequate concern for the juridical, historical, cultural, linguistic and anthropological dimensions, as well as interdisciplinary understanding of global processes.
They will have gained the methodological and theoretical tools required to interpret social, economic, territorial, environmental and cultural transformations, and the relevance of the gender dimension in such processes. Finally, they will have acquired the skills required to develop projects of international cooperation, as well as to assess the results and effectiveness of a project, plan or strategy.
To accomplish these purposes, the Master's degree includes additional practical programs and internships opportunities (research centres, central and local administrations, international organizations and non-governmental organizations operating in Italy and abroad, working in the field of cooperation, territorial policies, immigration policies and cultural integration), and uses interactive teaching methods.
These latter include laboratories and workshops (students having to develop a specific product like country studies, sector studies, guidelines for public policies, project evaluation processes), multidisciplinary seminars on global processes and applied-in-nature seminars (students having to apply the methodologies presented during classes to concrete case studies and to the analysis of public policies); international exchanges in the context of Erasmus+ and other cooperation agreements with other universities, that allow students the possibility to prepare their final dissertation abroad and/or to profit from work experiences in institutions and firms operating in other countries.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- International organizations
- Public companies engaged in decentralized cooperation (Regions, large Municipalities, consortiums of Municipalities)
- Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, of the Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development, of the Italian Trade Agency
- Research institutions and think tanks
- Chambers of Commerce
- Diplomatic missions
- Private companies
- Multinationals enterprises
- Market analysis, marketing
- Consulting firms
- Military and civilian missions
- Conservation of cultural heritage
More informationVisit official programme website
- Comparative Private Law
- Constitutional Law
- Public Law
- International Law
- European Union Law
- Comparative Public Law
- Demology, Ethnology And Anthropology
- Economic And Political Geography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations International Development View 14 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students wishing to enroll for the Master's Degree Program in Area and Global Studies for International Cooperation must have a Bachelor's Degree or a three-year university degree or another qualification obtained abroad, recognized as appropriate according to current legislation.
- Students must also fulfill the curricular requirements and the adequate personal preparation as per the following paragraphs 2 and 3, since enrolment is not foreseen with training shortages.
- An adequate ability to use the main IT tools (word processing, use of spreadsheets, design and management of databases, use of presentation tools) is taken for granted.
- For students with ISEE equal or lower than 30.000,99 €
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.