he intersections between global and local health are influenced by a myriad of social and biomedical dynamics that need to be taken into consideration simultaneously in order for students, scholars and policy- or decision makers to fully understand all of the issues at hand.
The Global Health course from University of Gothenburg therefore present and condense major global health challenges and their governance from the perspectives of biomedicine, public health, international relations, development economics, social work and anthropology into actionable steps. With frontline research as the point of departure, the program’s aims is to encourage students to critical thinking and independent work.
The program equips students with practical skills and tools needed for mapping, analyzing and solving complex global health problems.
Work opportunities within global health will be found at a broad range of organizations engaged in promoting population health, such as local and regional public health units and authorities, ministries of health and social affairs, UN bodies and non-governmental organizations.
Global health professionals perform a wide spectrum of tasks such as: collecting and analyzing population data on disease and health patterns, creating public policies for promoting healthy lifestyles, implementing human rights doctrines or improving access to health care and other societal services to vulnerable groups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global health challenges in an interdisciplinary context
- Governing health and illness in a global perspective
- Epidemiology and biostatistics with special reference to social epidemiology
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 21 other Masters in Health Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be accepted for the Master's Programme in Global Health, students must meet the basic entrance requirements, hold a Bachelor's degree worth 180 credits in a social sciences/health sciences/economics/arts main area or equivalent and English B/English 6 at upper secondary level or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
- A verification of degree and English requirements (TOFEL) must be submitted together with a letter of intent (LOI) and a Curriculum Vitae (CV).
International27355 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27355 EUR for the full programme and a duration of .
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of .
- Full programme cost: 288 000 SEK
- Application and tuition fees do not apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.