The Social Work Program is offered in collaboration with the Faculty of Health at the University of Waterloo.
- We welcome applications from Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents and international students with valid International Student Visas.
- All successful applicants must live in Canada for the duration of the program, since Field Education placements must be completed in Canada.
- The Master of Social Work program offered through the School of Social Work at Renison University College, in affiliation with the University of Waterloo, provides students with knowledge and skills in advanced social work practice within a focus on health, research/scholarship, professional leadership, and social work supervision.
- This degree program is delivered primarily online, with two mandatory, week-long, on-campus Summer Institutes (one at the beginning and the other at the end of the program), allowing students to continue to participate in family and community life while pursuing a post-graduate degree in social work. The MSW program offers a rich and highly interactive learning environment.
- Minimum 75% average in the final two years of study (equivalent to last 20 half-credit courses).
- Completion of a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree from an accredited Social Work program. If an applicant’s BSW degree is from a country other than Canada, the applicant is required to show proof that their degree is recognized as being equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor of Social Work Degree.
- Successful completion of one full-course equivalent in Research Methodology and Statistics; that is, a half course in Research Methodology and a half course in Statistics, or one full course which includes both. There is no specific minimum mark requirement.
- Three references, two must be professional and the third may be academic or professional.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5).
International20784 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10392 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National6192 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3096 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.