Offered online, the Health Informatics program from University of Waterloo provides flexibility for the working professional and can be completed in 16 months to 4 years. It also features a four-month professional experience component.
- You will learn from faculty who lead research in public health sciences and public health intervention design and evaluation.
- Through the experiential learning of a practicum position, you will experience what it is like to use the knowledge, tools, and skills learned in the MHI Program in a real public health setting.
- The MHI program is flexible for the working professional and is completed online as a part-time or full-time student.
- The MHI program consists of 10 required courses (eight core courses, including the practicum course, and two electives).
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Informatics View 4 other Masters in Health Informatics in Canada
- An overall 75% average in a four year undergraduate degree program in a health or related field from a recognized educational institution.
- Experience in the health informatics field is considered an asset.
- Evidence of training in logical thinking processes which can be demonstrated by having passed an undergraduate course(s) in areas such as mathematics, statistics, or computer science.
- Admission is competitive. Meeting the minimum entrance requirements is not a guarantee of admission.
- Two references, one from an academic source, unless more than five years have elapsed since the applicant last registered in a university course, in which case both references can be from the professional sources.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International23022 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11511 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National8878 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4439 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.