As an interdisciplinary science Ecotoxicology has strong connections to Biology, Ecology, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, Statistics and Social Sciences. Therefore the Ecotoxicology Programme is run as a collaboration between the Faculty of Humanities, the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, the Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology and the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
The Ecotoxicology programme from University of Gothenburg first provides an overview of Ecotoxicology as a scientific discipline and then you will apply this knowledge in laboratory courses and finally in individual master projects. We will put equal emphasis on theory and practice.
The aim is to obtain skills that are necessary for identifying ecotoxicological problems, recognizing essential knowledge gaps and developing appropriate problem-solving strategies.
Besides providing an education in Ecotoxicology per se, the Master's Programme provides tools for self-study towards a set goal - in a team with supervisors and peers. It teaches on how you can communicate within a scientific and public context. Many of the courses use problem-based learning approaches in small groups and ample time will always be given for discussions, exchange of knowledge, and critical reviews.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Ecotoxicology
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Chemical Risk Assessment
- Physiological and Molecular Ecotoxicology
- Ecotoxicology from an Ecological Perspective
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) from a university including at least 90 credits in biology and chemistry (with a minimum of 30 credits in biology and 30 credits in chemistry).
- Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS
International11339 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22678 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Application fee: 900 SEK
- Full programme cost: 238 000 SEK
- First payment: 59 500 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.