With an overall focus on literature, politics and social change, our MA English Literature will equip you to engage with the interface between literature and society. By reading and contextualising a wide range of texts within their critical, cultural and historical contexts, you will be encouraged to evaluate the ideas of others and develop your own critical perspectives and areas of specialised knowledge.
You will develop skills and knowledge through a range of teaching and learning methods and by producing essays, presentations, annotated bibliographies, review essays, dissertation proposals, and a major research project in the form of a dissertation. The skills you learn will provide new directions for future employment and form the basis for further study.
The English Literature programme at Anglia Ruskin University will give you the higher-level skills to stand out in today’s competitive job market.
If you are a teacher, you could study with us to update your knowledge and further your existing career, or even move into another discipline. Or, if you are hoping to move on to an academic post, this course will give you the research skills you will need for a PhD.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Shakespeare and Society
- Twentieth and Twenty First Century Fiction and Social Change
- Workshop: the Short Story
- Patterns of Story: Fiction and its Forms
- Creativity and Content in Publishing
- Research Methods - English Literature
- Revolution and Reform in the Long Nineteenth Century
- Workshop: the Novel
- Special Topic in Creative Writing/English Literature
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Literature View 476 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (or equivalent), normally in a related subject. Applicants with professional experience are also encouraged to apply.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK & EU students, (per year, part-time): £3,950
- International students, (per year, part-time) : £6,750
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.