The International Health programme of Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin is a flexible modular programme which may be studied full-time over one year or part-time over a period of four to five years, yielding 60 ECTS credit points for academic achievements and awards an additional 30 ECTS for relevant professional experience. Graduates will receive the degree of "Master of Science in International Health" issued by Charité — Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
On completion of the MScIH programme, students will be able to
- identify and critically analyse key factors and forces shaping the health and well-being of populations in low- and middle-income countries, taking into account both global and local perspectives
- formulate effective and appropriate responses to complex policy and practice issues
- identify and critically assess theoretical and practical approaches to develop appropriate strategies
- plan, monitor and evaluate appropriate responses using evidence-based practice
- apply appropriate research methods and research tools/instruments for investigating International Health problems
- communicate effectively to diverse audiences using a range of media
- examine their own practice in a critical manner and modify accordingly
- work across disciplines relevant to International Health
- Concepts & Research Methods
- Health Problems
- Health Systems
- Designing, Managing and Evaluating Projects for Improving Health: Issues for Donors and Implementers
- Health Economics and Economic Analysis
- Mental Health in a Cross-Cultural Perspective with a Special Focus on Traumatized Populations
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Human Medicine View 17 other Masters in Human Medicine in Germany
- Completion of a 3-year Bachelor's programme or equivalent (180 ECTS credits) in a health-related field or relevant health-related professional experience
- Proof of English Proficiency
International175 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 175 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA175 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 175 EUR per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.