The MSc Psychology program offered by Birmingham City University has been designed for students wanting to pursue careers in chartered areas of psychology who need to gain relevant work experience. Therefore this distance learning (online) course allows you to study around your own commitments, reflecting the inclusivity at the heart of Birmingham City University.The Psychology - MSc is provided by Birmingham City University.
Why Choose Us?
- Staff contact and online delivery provide ample opportunity for you to pursue related interests outside the programme in the areas of clinical, educational and forensic psychology etc. You are encouraged to bring these experience to the forefront of your learning experience, ensuring you are developing into a well-rounded, lifelong learner.
- Our staff are research active, allowing research-informed teaching and learning activities. You will be given the opportunity to learn and participate in a number of research projects throughout the year and we hold regular academic research seminars, which are recorded for our online students.
- A number of our recent conversion course students have been successful in gaining further training and employment in highly competitive areas of psychology, including Clinical Doctorate programmes and research posts with national charitable organisations.
- You will be allocated a personal tutor, who will provide pastoral and academic support, as well as preparing you for your career in Psychology.
To pursue a career as a professional psychologist further training at MSc and or doctorate level is required. This can lead to employment in the areas of:
Teaching and research
Sports and exercise science.
GBC graduates who do not wish to pursue a career in Professional Psychology also enter into employment areas such as, recruitment consultancy, human resources, civil service, researcher and data analyst, Improving Access
- Brain and Cognition
- Applied Social Psychology
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Lifespan Development
- Psychopathology and Individual Differences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date.
DisciplinesPsychology View 130 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- Applicants must have a minimum 2:2 degree. At the point of enrolment you must have GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade C or above.
- All exemptions must be approved by the Admissions Tutor prior to starting the course.
- The British Psychological Society (BPS) requires all graduates to obtain a minimum of 50 per cent overall in order to meet the criteria for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- Please note that you will not be able to progress on to the MSc level and work towards eligibility for Society membership if you do not hold an undergraduate degree, regardless of whether you have postgraduate qualifications. This is a requirement set by the British Psychological Society.
International13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Distance Learning 2 Years Year 1 (60 credits) - £2,900
Take advantage of the government’s plans to make loans of up to £10,609 available for postgraduate study. The loans are available for any subject and are a contribution to costs including fees and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.