The University Master's Degree in Synthesis, Catalysis and Molecular Design at Universitat Rovira i Virgili provides students with in-depth theoretical knowledge of the field and new techniques in product synthesis, catalyst development, management of environment-friendly chemical processes, and computational design. It is primarily research-oriented, so graduates will be able to undertake research, development and innovation in industry. The general objectives are the following:
- To provide high-level scientific training in the fields of molecular synthesis, catalysis and design, so that graduates can undertake doctoral studies and pursue a scientific or academic career.
- To provide graduates with a capacity for innovation and the necessary skills to synthesise sustainable chemical products and processes in the professional world.
- To enable students to use synthetic methodologies and design ways of obtaining new products with the tools of computational chemistry.
- To familiarise students with modern techniques for characterising molecular compounds, surfaces and solids.
- To provide tools for understanding the most advanced principles and applications of catalysis.
- To train students to design chemical processes on a laboratory or industrial scale through channels that meet the standards of sustainability and environmental friendliness.
- To provide students who wish to undertake doctoral studies with more advanced, specific knlowledge relevant to their research: synthesis, catalysis or modelling.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Computational Chemistry
- Structural Determination Techniques
- Multidisciplinary Seminars
- Master's Thesis
- Characterisation of Solids and Surfaces
- 9 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesChemistry Molecular Sciences View 12 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
As well as the compulsory general documentation required for pre-enrolment in the programme, you must also submit the following documents:
- Proof of competence in English (minimum level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference).
- Letter of motivation for academic coordination.
International3132 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3132 EUR per year and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2913 EUR per year and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.