Examples of subjects covered are the design of photovoltaics, solar thermal and hybrid systems, energy storage, solar project management, and financing of solar energy.
When you take the Solar Energy Engineering programme offered by Dalarna University, you will be taught by industry experts and researchers from 10 countries, while becoming a member of the international ESES community, which comprises your classmates and our alumni.
Many of our over 250 ESES alumni are active as engineers and managers in the global solar energy industry. After graduating, many go on to start their own solar businesses, while others go on to pursue a Ph.D. and become researchers and teachers at universities. The majority of our graduates go on to work in companies and organisations throughout the world.
Potential future employers are:
- Solar equipment manufacturers,
- Engineering and consulting companies with a renewable energy focus,
- Energy utilities, and
- Government and non-government organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Solar Engineering
- Solar Radiation and Solar Geometry
- Economics of Solar Energy
- Solar Thermal
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Energy View 20 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, energy, engineering physics) or equivalent field of study of at least 180 credits (ECTS), or an equivalent degree.
- An approved Video Statement of Purpose.
- (We require you to create a video, no longer than 90 seconds, where you explain your how your background and motivation make you a good candidate for the Solar Energy Engineering Programme. You must upload the video and share the link using an online form; your responses to this form are to be uploaded to your UniversityAdmissions.se user account)
- Proof of English language proficiency equal to the course "English 6" or "English B" in the Swedish upper-secondary system.
International13389 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13389 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Total tuition fee: 135 000 SEK
- EU/EEA Citizens or exchange students are not required to pay fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.