Special emphasis is placed on the analysis of historical and contemporary antagonisms bound up with imperial and national principles of organization in Eastern Europe.
The aim of the programme in East European Studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich, is to render better comprehensible the historical development of imperial, national, religious and regional identities along with their meanings in and for the present. Other thematic foci are conflict research and the historical development of relations between Eastern and Western Europe viewed through the prisms of political history, economic history and the history of discourse.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The aim of this four-semester interdisciplinary Elite Graduate Programme for East European Studies is to provide specialized regionally focused knowledge on Central, Southeastern and Eastern Europe.
- Students will be trained to analyse developments, patterns and situations in Eastern Europe and to embed these within a broader political, social, economic, historical and cultural framework.
- Along with professional knowledge in relevant disciplines and competence in one or more East European languages, students will be provided key skills that should enable them in future to assume responsible positions in the areas of politics and policy, economics, cultural affairs and science.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies View 83 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University admission qualification (generally Abitur certificate or equivalent school leaving certificate; where applicable: school leaving certificate in combination with a university entrance examination certificate or a certificate from a one-year higher education course or university certificate).
- Updated CV.
- A copy of the bachelor’s certificate/diploma (or equivalent)
- Transcript of records from the bachelor’s program, which includes all completed courses and obtained grades
- Essay (ca. 500 words) in English. It should address which specific skills, qualifications, and interests qualify you as an applicant to study in the Psychology Master’s Program in the Learning Science
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.