Students in the master's program of Chemistry at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich acquire advanced specialized knowledge in their field which enables them to conduct independent research in chemistry and related applications and embark on multidisciplinary careers.
Students can enter the master's program in chemistry either in the summer or the winter semester. The standard length of study is four semesters during which 120 ECTS (credits) must be earned. Courses are held predominantly in German.
There are no online-registrations for lab courses in the master program of Chemistry (exceptions below). Any student has to care and to apply independently for a place in a research group. The arrangements (e.g. beginning) will be fixed directly with the supervisor. At the end, a report has to be submitted to the supervisor at least 4 months after the beginning (possibly including a presentation).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Theoretical Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 36 other Masters in Chemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- an online registration form
- a brief résumé (including email and phone number)
- a copy of all certificates from the universities you attended (bachelor's certificate and transcript of records), if applicable, with official translation
- if you do not have a bachelor's certificate yet, your current university must fill out the following confirmation: Bescheinigung Intranet Bewerbung_engl.pdf (17 kByte)
- if applying for admission into advanced semesters, certification of previous course work (transfer credits).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.