This work-based learning programme will give you with the skills and knowledge you need for a career in strategic, tactical and operational Human Resource Development (HRD). If you're already working as a manager, you'll learn how to manage HRD within the wider human resources and business context.
You'll graduate with fresh skills, techniques and practices to take on ambitious roles in HR consultancy, HR management, as a training professional, or to seek promotion opportunities. You could also continue your studies.
What you will experience?
On this course, you'll:
- Get a professionally-recognised Level 7 CIPD qualification
- Study at your own pace for up to four years, with flexibility to fit your studies around your job
- Gear the course to meet the requirements of your current workplace, so that both you and your employer benefit
- Learn about the key themes in HRD, including Training, Learning and Talent Development; Consultancy, Coaching and Mentoring; Leadership and Management Skills, and the Training Manager in the Business Context
- Use our comprehensive online resources, including e-books, databases, journals and study skills resources
- Be supported by qualified and enthusiastic academic staff, through a combination of face-to-face contact, telephone, email and virtual learning
Careers and opportunities
We're an Approved Centre for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), so when you graduate from the Human Resource Development and Training Management PgDip, you'll be eligible for Associate Membership of the CIPD, and depending on your previous experience, you could meet the criteria for Chartered Membership. The CIPD is the world's largest internationally-recognised Chartered HR and development professional body.
You'll also have strong people management and HR-specific skills, you'll be able to reflect on your practice, and be ready to make an active contribution to business performance.
Career opportunities include:
- HRD specialist
- HR manager
- Training manager
- Training consultant
- Benefits analyst
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Human resource officer
- Human resource systems manager
- Personnel adviser
- Recruitment consultant
- Training and development coordinator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules include:
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Consultancy and Change Management
- Developing Leadership and Management Skills
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Learning and Talent Development
- Learning at Work
- Researching in HRD
- The Training Manager and the Business Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management View 1699 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject and an appreciation of the HRD/training management function.
- Applicants with appropriate work experience and a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 3 or 5 qualification will be considered. Professional experience and/or equivalent qualification may be considered.
- Applicants may be subject to interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.