The University of Pretoria has the oldest fully-fledged Faculty of Theology and Religion in South Africa, and our Faculty is rated first in Africa and 14th in the world in terms of research impact. This is proof of the high standard at which theology is practised at the University of Pretoria and the fact that academic excellence is a non-negotiable trait of the Faculty. This Old Testament Studies (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- This programme offers the student with a four year BDiv, a BThHons or equivalent qualification, the opportunity of theological specialisation and research at Master’s level. The coursework modules provide the opportunity to acquire specialist skills in the practical field of the Ministry.
- Also consult General Regulations as applicable to Master’s degree programmes.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 37 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in South Africa
The theological discipline selected must correlate with the major or one of the majors of the preceding degree if its curricular structure provided for majors.
- Hebrew at 200 level if Old Testament Studies is slected as a field of study. If Hebrew 200 was not passed at a university, the student may be admitted after an assessment and with the approval of the Head of Department.
- Greek at 200 level if New Testament Studies is selected as a field of study. If Greek 200 was not passed at a university, the student may be admitted after an assessment and with the approval of the Head of Department. If contextual/social/political/economic themes are proposed the language requirement may be waived.
International2026 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2026 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2026 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2026 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
From R34 000 to R39 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.