The coursework modules of the New Testament Studies programme from University of Pretoria, in case of the coursework master's degree, provide the opportunity to acquire specialist skills in the practical field of the Ministry.
The Faculty of Theology and Religion is one of the leading theological institutions in South Africa and in Africa at large. It is known for its quality research, relevant teaching and learning programmes, and community engagement, especially through its Centres.The University of Pretoria has the oldest fully-fledged Faculty of Theology and Religion in South Africa, and our Faculty is rated first in Africa and 14th in the world in terms of research impact. This is proof of the high standard at which theology is practised at the University of Pretoria and the fact that academic excellence is a non-negotiable trait of the Faculty.
- In the case of the MTh Research, the proposed title, research design and methodology must be submitted for approval to the Research and Ethics Committee via the supervisor and the head of department before a student may commence with the writing of a dissertation.
- The final title must be approved by the Postgraduate Committee and submitted to the faculty board for notification before submission of the thesis for examination.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Literature View 21 other Masters in Christian Studies in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant honours degree or relevant four-year bachelor’s degree
- A weighted average of at least 65% at final-year level
- Hebrew passed at second-year level of the bachelor’s degree (for the MTh in Old Testament Studies) or an admissions examination may be required
- Greek passed at second-year level of the bachelor’s degree – for the MTh (New Testament Studies) or an admissions examination may be required
International2364 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2364 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National1182 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1182 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- SA and SADC countries citizens: R19 775 per annum
- International: From R39 550
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.