The modular structure of the master's programme in Applied Geoscience at University of Leoben ballows for specialisations in the following focus areas:
- Applied Geophysics and Petroleum Geology at University of Leoben: The combined implementation of geological and geophysical techniques in the search for and exploitation of mineral oil and natural gas deposits
- Economic and Environmental Geology: Exploration of raw material deposits, the assessment and refinement of raw materials, the evaluation of geological risks and geological environmental risks incurred by human activity and the clearance of contaminated sites
- Petroleum Geophysics: The use of special geophysical measuring processes on and offshore and from the air in order to locate and explore mineral oil and natural gas deposits
Applied Geosciences today are an important interdisciplinary subject in the general field of environmental protection (spatial acquisition and interpretation of geological/geochemical/geophysical data as a basis for spatial planning, the analysis of geological risks, and environmental impact assessment).
Graduates of Applied Geosciences find professional opportunities on a national and international level in companies operating in the fields of mining, raw materials, exploration, mineral oil and natural gas, and their service environments, in geophysics service companies, in the construction material and utility material industry, in companies dealing with waste tips, recycling, and the clearance of old tips, the construction sector, at universities and research institutions, and as independent civil engineers and consultants.
- Applied Geophysics
- Petroleum Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Petroleum Geophysics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Passport or Birth certificate/proof of citizenship combined with an ID-card
- CV (incl. photo)
- High-school diploma or equivalent certificate including all elected subjects and obtained grades
- Bachelor diploma and bachelor transcript from an acknowledged technical university
- If transferring from another Austrian university, you will also need to bring: Leaving certificate, student statistics form
- Application for recognition of equivalence (signed)
- Application for admission (signed)
- It is recommended to fill the applications electronically
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Leoben
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.