The Faculty of Law has as its mission the creation and sustenance of a research and education environment that is grounded in values of social justice and excellence.
As the law is increasingly becoming multifaceted and in certain areas more global, the Faculty maintains professional relations with many international bodies, such as the United Nations (UN), the European Union (EU), the World Bank and foreign universities. This Law and Political Justice (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Global perspectives on law, justice and development
- Post-apartheid jurisprudence
- Research methodology
- Research proposal
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) Political Science View 32 other Masters in Legal Studies in South Africa
- At least an honours degree in an academic discipline relevant to legal aspects in South Africa or Africa as well as to the contents of the specific MPhil (coursework) programme,
- A minimum average mark of 65% with respect to the prescribed modules of the honours programme is required for admission to the MPhil coursework programmes.
International1499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1499 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1499 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
From R25 300 to R44 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.