The Faculty of Law has as its mission the creation and sustenance of a research and education environment that is grounded in values of social justice and excellence.
As the law is increasingly becoming multifaceted and in certain areas more global, the Faculty maintains professional relations with many international bodies, such as the United Nations (UN), the European Union (EU), the World Bank and foreign universities. This Mercantile Law (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Advanced consumer credit law
- International insolvency law
- Insolvency law
- Information and communications and technoloy law
- Research proposal
- Statutory competition law
- Law of specific contracts
- General principles of income tax
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 38 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in South Africa
- A LLB/BProc degree or an equivalent degree from a foreign university that allows entrance to the formal legal profession
- A minimum average mark of 65% with respect to the prescribed final-year modules of the LLB/BProc degree
- An acceptable level of proficiency in English is required.
International1499 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1499 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1499 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1499 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
From R25 300 to R44 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.