Why this programme
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology for the purpose of meeting, in part, the academic and experience requirement for the Membership and Chartered Biologist (CBiol).
- The Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine programme of the University of Glasgow is the only MSc in Scotland that merges Sport & Exercise Medicine and Sport & Exercise within a single degree programme, providing a broad range of options across these disciplines.
- Benefit from access to the expertise of staff at the National Stadium Sports Health & Injury Clinic at Hampden Park, a custom-built, state-of-the-art sports medicine facility.
- You will develop and enhance your skills in: searching and critically evaluating relevant scientific evidence; application of knowledge to novel concepts and situations; experimental design; research methods and ethics; data handling and statistics; interpretation and evaluation of experimental data; scientific writing; and oral presentations.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities to study performance and health aspects of Sport & Exercise Science, from the whole body to the molecular level. These include advanced exercise laboratories, metabolic investigation suites and a molecular biochemistry lab. We are the best equipped exercise science group for laboratory facilities in Scotland, making the University of Glasgow the perfect place to study an MSc in Sports Science.
- You will have the chance to network with a number of regional/national sporting bodies and a number of professional sporting clubs. There may be opportunities for internships (in place of a research project) for some students.
- Guest lecture staff provide interactive sessions in their specialist fields.
The flexibility of this programme will provide you with many career opportunities. These include working in clinical exercise, health-promotion or in sports science support.
A number of our graduates are employed in senior sports science positions with national sporting bodies and professional sports clubs.
This programme also allows doctors and physiotherapists to aid their knowledge. For science graduates, there are opportunities in rehabilitation and higher education.
It also provides an excellent basis if you wish to pursue PhD level research.
- Evidence-Based Research in Medicine
- Medical Statistics
- Physiological & Exercise Testing — Strength, Power and Intensity Domains
- Physiological & Exercise Testing — Aerobic Fitness and Physical Activity
- Human Physiological & Metabolic Assessment
- Exercise in Clinical Populations
- Ergogenic Aids for Exercise Performance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for this online programme will be accepted up until it commences.
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 59 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- A degree in the sport and exercise sciences, physiotherapy, medicine, other relevant biological/biomedical sciences, or other health professions/health-related areas (at least a 2.2 Honours Degree or equivalent)
- Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
- UK / EU / International: £10,000
- UK / EU / International: £5,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.