A key strength of this programme is its flexibility, which enables you to specialise in physical activity and health, sports performance, or sports medicine. You will have access to a number of guest lecture staff providing interactive sessions in their specialist fields.
The University of Glasgow is ranked 2nd in the UK for Sports Science. In addition, this MSc is the only one in Scotland to combine sport and exercise medicine with sport and exercise science. Its all covered within our comprehensive degree programme, which can be studied 100% online.
You'll have direct access to the expertise of our staff at the National Stadium Sports, Health and Injury Clinic at Hampden Park, a custom-built sports medicine centre. With our world-class facilities, laboratories and teaching staff, were the best-equipped exercise science institution in Scotland.
You'll also benefit from the university's close links with various regional and national sporting bodies and professional clubs. There are occasionally opportunities for internships for some students, instead of a research project.
With our MSc, youll be perfectly positioned to study performance and health aspects of sport and exercise science, from the whole body to the molecular level.
The flexible nature of this programme means youll have a wide choice of career opportunities. These include working in clinical exercise, health promotion or sports science support.
A number of our graduates are employed in senior sports science positions with national sporting bodies and professional sports clubs. This programme also allows doctors and physiotherapists to advance their knowledge. For science graduates, there are opportunities in rehabilitation and higher education. This science in sports masters degree also provides an excellent basis if you wish to pursue PhD-level research or if you are planning or engaged in research, teaching or an applied practical career in the fields of physical activity and health, or sports performance.
The programme also provides specialist postgraduate training in Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine for doctors, physiotherapists and related health professionals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- MSc Sport and Exercise Science & Medicine — Dissertation
- Medical Statistics
- Physiological & Exercise Testing — Strength, Power and Intensity Domains
- Physiological & Exercise Testing — Aerobic Fitness and Physical Activity
- Human Physiological & Metabolic Assessment
- Evidence-Based Research in Medicine
- Cellular and Molecular Exercise Physiology
- Physical Activity and Health: Biological Mechanisms
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 33 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- A degree in the sport and exercise sciences, physiotherapy, medicine, other relevant biological/biomedical sciences, or other health professions/health-related areas (at least a 2.2 Honours Degree or equivalent)
- Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis
- An IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component (or equivalent qualification) is required if English is not your first language
International5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA5000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.