You will be entering a stimulating environment that will broaden your intellectual horizons and help you achieve personal and professional success through the best possible learning experience.
As the most diverse Faculty of the University of Pretoria, we offer an exciting and comprehensive range of programmes and discipline-based majors, including studies in languages, social sciences and visual and performing arts. This Archaeology programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- A student for a master’s degree must complete his or her studies within four years after first registering for the degree. The study comprises a 30 000-50 000 word dissertation based on an research proposal approved by the Research Proposal and Ethics Committee of the Faculty of Humanities (see requirement for preparatory year).
- Students are also required to: (a) perform one outreach activity per semester registered; (b) to participate in the Departmental Seminar Series; (c) to construct a museum display of their dissertation research; and (d) submit an article based on their research to an accredited publication at the end of their study.
- Students are required to conduct at least 8 weeks of fieldwork by the end of the master’s programme and must demonstrate mastery over basic and intermediate field techniques.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesArchaeology View 4 other Masters in Archaeology in South Africa
- An honours degree in Archaeology or very closely related discipline for which a minimum of 70% has been obtained.
- Students with an average of between 65%-70% could be considered on academic merit until the programme is full. Apply to the Head of Department.
- Prospective students may have to submit an admissions essay or sit for an examination or do additional modules to enable them to reach the desired level of study.
International1010 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1010 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National1010 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1010 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
R17 195 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.