At African Languages (Coursework) from University of Pretoria we offer an exciting and comprehensive programme.
Students at African Languages (Coursework) from University of Pretoria will:
- be entering a stimulating environment
- broaden their intellectual horizons
- achieve personal and professional success through the best possible learning experience.
- Dialectology: Nguni and Sotho
- Drama in Nguni and Sotho
- Creative writing African languages
- HLT in lexicography and NLP
- HLT in translation practice
- Consecutive interpreting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Translation & Interpreting View 44 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant honours degree in one of the African languages or relevant four-year bachelor's degree with a focus on an African language
- A cumulative weighted average of at least 60% for the honours degree or a weighted average of at least 60% for the final-year of the four-year bachelor’s degree
- An admissions essay may be required
- Additional work/modules may be required in order to reach the desired level of competency
International4229 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4229 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2114 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2114 EUR per year during 24 months.
SA and SADC countries citizens - from R36 000 to R50 000
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.