Students develop the knowledge, skills and conceptual understanding needed to apply project management principles to project work and address resource management, risk management, business analysis and strategy. Units cover a range of practical contexts across the areas of entrepreneurship, management and leadership. The course addresses managing project teams, human resource management, change management, budgets and organisational behaviour.
Students also develop problem-solving skills and learn how to establish and communicate innovative solutions to a range of audiences. They become equipped to create and communicate professional project plans that address complex business problems, support organisational change and respond to ethical issues. Students select a specialisation from options including information systems and risk management.
The Master of Project Management at Swinburne University of Technology develops student expertise in project management across multiple industry sectors. It helps students develop the relevant knowledge, skills and conceptual understanding required to apply project management principles to all aspects of project work. The degree takes an entrepreneurial perspective to provide a unique focus on managing complex, high risk and innovative projects. Building on the underpinning knowledge, skills and capabilities of project management, business analysis and strategic alignment the program then provides students with the opportunity to undertake further option units at the master’s level. Possible roles include project and program managers.
Aims and objectivesUpon successfully completing the Master of Project Management, graduates will be able to:
1. demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of key project management principles, standards and practice
2. critically evaluate project management theories, methodologies and frameworks in a range of business, management, entrepreneurial and industry contexts
3. critically analyse problems from interdisciplinary perspectives and multiple points of view to establish innovative solutions
4. communicate in a proficient and professional manner and operate as an effective leader or member of a team
5. critically evaluate, justify and articulate appropriate responses to ethical issues and dilemmas in project management environments
6. apply critical thinking to promote new and innovative approaches to project management in various business and entrepreneurial contexts
7. develop a critical understanding of the fundamental principles and methods of applied research in project management practice
8. apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of independent research in project management practice as preparation for research higher degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enterprise Project
- Corporate Financial Management
- Project Management for Business Development
- Strategic Project Management
- Leading Complex Projects
- The Risk Management Spectrum
- Contemporary Issues in Business Analysis
- Technology Essentials for Managers
- Project Governance and Resource Management
- 18 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management View 83 other Masters in Project Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 092697M
- a recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline OR
- a recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience OR
- a Graduate Certificate of Project Management OR
- a Masters Qualifying Program which is available to International applicants
International36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36480 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National28480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28480 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.