Offered jointly between the UPF Department of Economics and Business, and the UPF Barcelona School of Management, the Master of Science in Finance and Banking is a one-year, full time professionally-oriented program entirely taught in English targeted at participants who wish to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career in the financial sector.
The program includes a curricular internship and it allows you to choose your preferred elective courses according to your career plans.Practically focused and internationally oriented, the Master of Science in Finance and Banking at Pompeu Fabra University provides students with the ability to apply complex financial, economic and investment theories to both corporations and the financial services industry. The course will provide you with the background and the pratical skills to succeed in investment banks and securities firms, in finance departments of industrial and service companies and in central banks.
The faculty of the program includes a unique selection of academics of UPF and other prestigious universities as well as experienced business professionals from some of the top financial firms, consultancies and corporate financial services.
- To understand the functioning of financial institutions and financial markets, and the global impact of current banking and financial market regulation.
- To learn how to take the right investment and financing decisions, developing and applying the most up-to-date valuation methodologies in Excel financial models.
- To develop analytical skills with the help of statistical software such as STATA and real-time market and fundamental data from platforms such as Thomson Reuters’ Eikon.
- To be able to identify and value productive assets, and build and manage portfolios of securities, making use of recent methodologies and techniques such as machine learning
- To acquire and master the tools needed to produce a research paper, a corporate valuation and a financial plan, and put them in practice in the course's master thesis.
- To work with real-world cases throughout the academic year, and to obtain relevant work experience during the “Connecting with Industry” course and the professional internship.
- To acquire and master the skills needed for a successful career in investment or commercial banking, consultancy or in the accounting and finance department of any company.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Econometrics
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Macroeconomics and International Finance
- Investments and Porfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance View 35 other Masters in Finance in Spain
- Fill in the program's online application form
- Have an admission interview (Skype)
- Scanned copy of the student's Bachelor's Degree
- Scanned copy of the Transcript of Records. Make sure that it includes your GPA
- Scanned copy of the student's Passport/ID
- Official proof of English
- Presentation letter or video
- CV or videocurriculum
- 2 academic recommendation letters (mandatory) and 1 professional letter (optional)
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.