Since its inception, it has grown to be one of the largest health training institutions in the country and boasts an undergraduate and postgraduate student corps of over 6 000.
Students who join this Faculty will be part of a new generation of health professionals. The Faculty’s training is outcomes-based and problem-orientated – a unique way of looking at patients and their health. This Sports Medicine (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Physiotherapeutic anatomy
- Clinical physiotherapy: Sports medicine
- Applied research methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 96 other Masters in Human Medicine in South Africa
- The BPhysio degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Registration as a physiotherapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
- Students must also hold at least a part-time position, deemed applicable for master's degree studies by the head of department.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of having successfully completed applicable postgraduate modules in clinical fields of specialisation, e.g. Orthopaedic Manual Therapy 1, before the MPhysio degree will be conferred.
- During the MPhysio studies, students must participate in formal departmental instruction and/or research programmes of at least 60 hours per year.
International1149 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1149 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1149 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1149 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
R19 650 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.