While mechanical engineering is an important discipline in which furthering the development of machinery and equipment which are a key part of the wide-ranging field, there are also great hopes that it can contribute to solving energy and environmental problems typified by global warming. In addition to having a strong fundamental knowledge of engineering and the ability to apply this knowledge, mechanical engineers must possess the ability to rapidly respond to changing societies as well as keep up with the latest developments in science and technology.
In this course laboratories are set up to extensively cover the disciplines that form the foundation of mechanical engineering, including materials, structural analysis, thermodynamics, hydraulics, vibrations, controls and manufacturing. While providing students with a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and holding the spirit with which Doshisha University was founded, the Mechanical Engineering program of Doshisha University strives to develop talented individuals who can make use of their mechanical engineering expertise to contribute widely to society, both domestically and internationally. This is achieved by using mechanical engineering as a base to support and encourage students to contribute to people’s well-being through application fields of rapidly developing science and technology.
Specific Objectives for Development of Talented Individuals
This program aims to develop talented individuals who can display the following abilities:
- The ability to put advanced specialized knowledge into practice in various fields and areas where mechanical engineering is used based on one’s own conscience;
- A thorough grounding in mechanical engineering and abilities appropriate to a researcher/engineer capable of conducting advanced research and development;
- A wide international awareness and communication skills as well as high practical ability, and the ability to respond flexibly to a rapidly-changing society and its needs;
- The ability to contribute to the development of society through one’s own knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Spray Combustion Science
- Fluid Engineering
- Mechanical Materials
- Computation Structure
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 10 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Those who have completed 16 or more years of education outside Japan and possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or expect to complete it and will possess a Bachelor’s Degree by the time of enrollment.
- Those who have graduated from a university or college in Japan as an international student or expect to graduate by the time of enrollment.
- Those who have been granted a degree corresponding to a Bachelor’s Degree by completing a program where the course term is 3 years or more in overseas universities or other overseas schools or are expected to be granted a degree corresponding to a Bachelor’s Degree by the time of enrollment.
- Those who have completed 15 or more years of education outside Japan and possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or expect to complete it and will possess a Bachelor’s Degree by the time of enrollment.
International7641 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7641 USD per year during 24 months.
National7641 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7641 USD per year during 24 months.
- First year: 815,000 YEN
- Second year: 820,000 YEN
Living costs for Kyoto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.