The Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology at the University of Pretoria is a leading source of graduates in the engineering, built environment and information technology professions. We achieve this by a focus on research to drive innovative and enquiry-led teaching for educating and positioning our students to be leaders in their professions. The Faculty has extensive and cutting-edge teaching, learning and laboratory facilities integrated with the excellent suite of facilities and services offered by the University. We facilitate access to our qualifications through our extended programmes but expect our students to excel and develop as future professionals through our programme offering. We invite you to consider enrolling in one of our programmes if you share our vision of excellence and want to position yourself as a leader in the professions that we support.
The Faculty is organised in four schools: the School of Engineering, the School for the Built Environment, the School of Information Technology and the Graduate School of Technology Management. The School of Engineering is the largest of its kind in the country in terms of student numbers, graduates and research contributions and offers programmes in all the major engineering disciplines with many specialisations also offered at undergraduate and graduate level. The Town and Regional Planning (Coursework) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Integrated development planning
- Metropolitan and urban area-based interventions
- Regional interventions
- Sustainable settlement planning and design
- Introduction to urban design
- An overview of planning theory and practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management General Engineering & Technology Urban Planning View 28 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in South Africa
- A BTown and Regional Planning (BTRP) degree of the University of Pretoria or an honours degree in planning or a relevant field (such as architecture, civil engineering, construction, economics, geography, or sociology, or any other field deemed acceptable by the departmental Postgraduate Committee.
- The departmental Postgraduate Committee may require practical experience, and reserves the right to make a thorough assessment of the applicant's academic transcript and to decide if the applicant is suitable for postgraduate studies.
- The applicant must determine the research group/focus area and a potential supervisor and confirm the potential supervisor’s availability.
International1474 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1474 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1474 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1474 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
From R24 500– R40 000 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.