The Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology at the University of Pretoria is a leading source of graduates in the engineering, built environment and information technology professions. We achieve this by a focus on research to drive innovative and enquiry-led teaching for educating and positioning our students to be leaders in their professions. The Faculty has extensive and cutting-edge teaching, learning and laboratory facilities integrated with the excellent suite of facilities and services offered by the University. We facilitate access to our qualifications through our extended programmes but expect our students to excel and develop as future professionals through our programme offering. We invite you to consider enrolling in one of our programmes if you share our vision of excellence and want to position yourself as a leader in the professions that we support.
The Faculty is organised in four schools: the School of Engineering, the School for the Built Environment, the School of Information Technology and the Graduate School of Technology Management. The School of Engineering is the largest of its kind in the country in terms of student numbers, graduates and research contributions and offers programmes in all the major engineering disciplines with many specialisations also offered at undergraduate and graduate level. The Interior Architecture (Professional) programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Continuing practice development
- Design investigation
- Mini-dissertation: Design project and discourse
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 3 other Masters in Interior Design in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bint Hons degree; or an equivalent degree that includes spatial design at NQF level 8 (or NQF level 7 for qualifications obtained before 2009).
- The departmental Postgraduate Committee may require an evaluation in fields of knowledge and registration for additional modules for non-degree purposes.
- An applicant who has completed a Bint Hons degree at the University of Pretoria with a minimum average of 60% for all modules in the honours curriculum (completed in the same academic year) will be granted admission into this degree.
- All other applicants must have practical experience and/or a record of an extended study excursion, submit a portfolio and design journal, and are interviewed for selection.
International3768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3768 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National1884 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1884 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
R37 000– R42 000 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.