The Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology at the University of Pretoria is a leading source of graduates in the engineering, built environment and information technology professions. We achieve this by a focus on research to drive innovative and enquiry-led teaching for educating and positioning our students to be leaders in their professions. The Faculty has extensive and cutting-edge teaching, learning and laboratory facilities integrated with the excellent suite of facilities and services offered by the University. We facilitate access to our qualifications through our extended programmes but expect our students to excel and develop as future professionals through our programme offering. We invite you to consider enrolling in one of our programmes if you share our vision of excellence and want to position yourself as a leader in the professions that we support.
The Faculty is organised in four schools: the School of Engineering, the School for the Built Environment, the School of Information Technology and the Graduate School of Technology Management. The School of Engineering is the largest of its kind in the country in terms of student numbers, graduates and research contributions and offers programmes in all the major engineering disciplines with many specialisations also offered at undergraduate and graduate level. The Control Engineering programme is offered by University of Pretoria.
- Unless the Dean, on recommendation of the relevant head of department, decides otherwise, the master's degree is conferred on the basis of examinations of coursework and a mini-dissertation or a dissertation (including an examination on the dissertation).
- The curriculum is determined in consultation with the relevant head of department. Any specific module is offered on condition that a minimum number of students are registered for the module, as determined by the relevant head of department and the Dean. Students must consult the relevant head of department in order to compile a meaningful programme, as well as for information on the syllabi of the modules. The various departmental postgraduate brochures should also be consulted.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 28 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in South Africa
- A BEng Hons degree awarded by the University of Pretoria, or an equivalent qualification. The applicant must have passed this degree with a weighted average of at least 65%.
- The applicant must also meet the admission requirements for the BEng Hons degree.
- The departmental Postgraduate Committee may require additional honours modules for non-degree purposes where background is insufficient.
- The departmental Postgraduate Committee may request evidence of knowledge of research methodology.
- The departmental Postgraduate Committee reserves the right to make a thorough assessment of the applicant's academic transcript and CV, and to decide if the applicant is suitable for postgraduate studies.
International1035 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National1035 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
R17 195 per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.