This Global Public Health program at Griffith University focuses on the socio-ecological model of public health that emphasises and analyses the important interactions between the social, biological, economic and environmental determinants of health. They enable you to apply this analytical skill set to plan, implement and evaluate population based interventions that protect and promote health.
The program has a strong focus on global health and provides you with the opportunity to focus your public health studies by selecting a range of electives in areas such as public health nutrition, health promotion, climate change, international health, environmental health, and health services management.
There are diverse career opportunities for professionals interested in moving into the public health field, developing health research skills and/or furthering competency development in public health practice areas such as:
- International health
- Humanitarian aid
- Health program planning and evaluation
- Health promotion
- Health policy
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Environmental health management
- Maternal and child health
- Public health nutrition.
You will be prepared for a variety of career opportunities with state and federal health departments, in public health units/teams, community health, local government, and in academia. Public health graduates are also highly sought after by NGO health agencies and international aid agencies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Global Health Systems
- Environment and Population Health
- Epidemiology: Principles and Practices
- Social Determinants of Health
- Health Program Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Applied Field Methods in Public Health
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 205 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
- a related Bachelor degree from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing);
- OR a Graduate Certificate in Public Health from Griffith University with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale) - applicants with the Griffith Graduate Certificate in Public Health will be eligible for 40 credit points of advanced standing;
- OR a related Graduate Certificate (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) - applicants may be eligible for up to 40 credit points of credit.
International30500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30500 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9527 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9527 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.