The Global Development program at Griffith University degree was developed to align with the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals, created to address the world's most pressing challenges - including ending poverty and bringing economic prosperity, social inclusion, environmental sustainability and peace and good governance to all countries
During your study, you will examine the dynamics of global issues including:
- Climate Change and Disaster Management
- Development Economics
- Health and Development
- Human Rights and Development
- Law Politics and Planning
- Sustainable Development
As part of your degree, you will work with experts from across the university including our research centres, and will be connected with the international development community.
This means you can feel confident you will graduate with the critical perspective, strategic knowledge and contacts necessary to work towards agile solutions to these big issues - and make a difference.
Graduates from this degree may seek roles within Non-Government Organsiation and Aid Organisations, International Development, Government Policy, Consultancy and Research.
Potential organisations include Oxfam, Amnesty International, United Nations, World Bank, AusAid, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environment and Development
- Public Participation and Social Impact Assessment
- Key Issues in Development Studies
- Social Determinants of Health
- Intdustry Project
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Development View 42 other Masters in International Development in Australia
- hold any Bachelor degree (or equivalent) from a recognised University (or another tertiary institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 scale) OR
- hold a related Bachelor degree or Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) from a recognised University (or another tertiary institution of equivalent standing) - students will be eligible for 40 credit points of advanced standing OR
- hold a related Bachelor Honours or Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) from a recognised University (or another tertiary institution of equivalent standing) - students will be eligible for 80 credit points of advanced standing.
International29500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National25000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.